Cranberry Simple Syrup:
- 1 bottle (12.5 ounce) bottle cranberry concentrate (I used Lakewood Organic brand.)
- 2 cups sugar
- Combine juice and sugar in saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes.
Mix the Elephanté:
- 1 ounce rum (I used Bacardi Gran Reserva Diez Extra Rare Gold Rum.)
- 1 ¼ ounce cranberry syrup
- 1 drop orange essential oil* (I used Young Living Orange Essential Oil.)
- 4 ounces blood orange cider (I used Austin East Ciders brand.)
- Freeze-dried cranberries (I used Karen’s Naturals brand.)
Add cranberry syrup, orange oil, and rum to shaker cup and stir well to mix. In 12 ounce cocktail glass filled ¾ full with ice, add orange cider then pour cranberry rum mixture over top. Garnish with a few freeze-dried cranberries.
What are some of your favorite cocktails?