Blueberry Simple Syrup:
- 1 ½ cups frozen wild Maine blueberries (I use Wyman’s of Maine brand.)
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup of water
Combine blueberries, sugar, and water in saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer 20 minutes. Reduce total volume by 1/3.
Mix the Donkey:
- 1 ounce of rum (I use Bacardi Gran Reserva Diez Extra Rare Gold Rum.)
- 1 ounce blueberry simple syrup (above)
- 1 drop lemon essential oil* (I used Young Living Lemon Essential Oil.)
- 4 ounces pineapple cider (I used Austin East Ciders.)
- Freeze-dried blueberries (I used 365 brand from Whole Foods.)
Combine blueberry syrup, lemon oil, and rum. Pour cider over ice and add blueberry rum mixture. Top with freeze-dried blueberries for garnish.
What are some of your favorite cocktails?